Tulsa Paternity Lawyer
Protecting Your Parentage and Child
Parenthood is a gift. However, sometimes you need to prove your entitlement to it.
When a child is born to unwed parents, the two must take additional steps to establish paternity for the benefit of their child and the protection of their own parental rights. Trust David C. Fisher, P.C. to work to establish your paternity and protect your family.
David C. Fisher, P.C. offers the compassion and dedication you need to lead you through the paternity process. Call us today to start reviewing your case: (918) 201-1062
How Can I Establish Paternity?
Oklahoma offers a few different methods for parents to establish paternity. Paternity can be established when:
- A child is born to a married couple, in which case the husband is legally assumed to be the child’s father
- The parents sign an Acknowledgement of Paternity
- Either parent files a paternity lawsuit, leading the matter to be adjudicated
If the mother was married to someone other than the father of the child, the husband must sign a denial of paternity before the rightful father’s paternity may be established.
The Benefits of Establishing Paternity
Establishing paternity offers a plethora of benefits, including:
- Allowing both parents to have a voice in making decisions for their child
- An obligation of both parents to financially contribute to raising the child
- Establishing a child’s right to inherit benefits of the father
- Having both names on the child’s birth certificate
- Protecting a parent’s right to custody and visitation
- Protecting the child’s access to the medical history of both sides of their family
Establishing paternity is a small task that offers sizable benefits for the parents and child alike. Establish it today to protect your family and your rights.
Contact David C. Fisher, P.C. to discuss your paternity case.
David worked extremely hard to get our adoption completed after taking over the case half way through.- Hayley K.
He's a good guy and lawyer.- John T.
He is very honest and has a great name in community.- Johnathan H.
I couldn't have asked for a better attorney.- Chelsey M.